Pre-Purchase/Sale Consulting is now available to both Buyers and Sellers of Amel Yachts.
I offer Amel Specific Pre-Purchase and Pre-Sale Consulting because I understand the complexities of selecting the right Amel yacht and the issues in the purchase process. I have helped many people with their purchase of an Amel. I am neither a broker nor a surveyor. I am a non-conflicted knowledgeable consultant to future Amel owners. I have already saved my clients' hundreds of thousands of dollars in their selection, negotiation and purchase of their Amel. I have figured out how to combine my experience and technology to remotely perform an evaluation of the Amel you may want to buy. I have developed a low-cost solution, which combines my experience and the use of common technology to remotely perform an evaluation of the Amel you may want to buy or sell. I review hundreds of your photos (I give you a list of what to photograph) and I review the owner's answers to hundreds of my experience-prepared and pointed questions. I also provide my Pre-Purchase clients with the "Amel Survey Checklist," which is a list of items that are commonly missed by some surveyors. The combination of all of this information gives me a unique perspective and allows me to provide a qualified summary of the advantages and problems with the proposed Amel. More information on exactly how Amel Pre-Purchase Consulting works.
With this completed review, a buyer can make an informed decision and proceed with accurate information. This completed review also helps a seller properly present the value of his Amel to a buyer/broker. I have helped a large number of buyers with their purchase of an Amel. I have just started offering this service to sellers.
I am frequently asked, "what is the best Amel to buy...is it the one with the least engine hours?" The BEST Amel to buy normally has very little to do with engine hours. Remember the cost of 4 sails the same quality as original for a 54 will be near the cost of an engine overhaul. Some sailors will "flog" the sails to save engine hours. The best buy for any Amel will be more about the owner and his attention to maintenance procedures and the care he has provided to his Amel, and especially with his choice of replacement components of Amel OEM equipment with the same or similar equipment.
- I see far too many Amels with cheap inexpensive devices replacing the Amel original equipment.
- I see too many Amels with running and standing rigging needing replacement.
- I see far too many Amels with poorly-made Chinese sails.
- I also see too many Amels with engine rooms full of rust.
- I have had too many clients who did not use me for Pre-Purchase Consulting...and when I arrive for the Yacht School Course, I find 10,000 - 50,000 in needed repairs.
- The photos you take, my review, and my recommendations will allow you to remedy potential buyer objections.
- You may have some valuable additions on your Amel that require a 3rd party explanation for the buyer to recognize the value.
- Your prepared answers to my questions will be at least twice the information normally used in a listing for sale. More information usually equates to greater value.
- The sum of the Pre-Purchase/Sale information will allow a complete and transparent assessment of your Amel.
Pre-Purchase Consulting includes:
- "List of Questions" to ask the owner before the survey
- "Amel Survey Checklist" to ensure a complete survey
- "Historical Search" to uncover additional information
- "Review and Report" on the advertised listing material & photos
- "Written Comments" on each of your photos of the proposed Amel
- "Optional Summary Estimate" to return the boat to Above Average Condition- Yacht School Preferred Vendor Discounts on Amel OEM and quality OEM substitute systems and parts.
- AND I provide you with experienced answers to your many questions
Pre-Sale Consulting includes:
Pre-Sale Consulting includes:
- "List of Specific Photos" to be taken by the owner
- "List of Questions" for the owner to answer
- "Amel Pre-Sale Review, Grade and Comment" by Bill Rouse on over 200 items on your Amel (See Sample Page 1 of 7)
- "Historical Search" to uncover additional information
- "Written Comments" on each of your photos
- "Optional Summary Estimate" to return the boat to Above Average ConditionPre-Purchase Pre-Sale Consulting does not require travel or any other expenses.
- Yacht School Preferred Vendor Discounts on Amel OEM and quality OEM substitute systems and parts.- AND I provide you with experienced answers to your many questions
Pre-Purchase Consulting costs less than routine major engine service.
If you are not sure if Pre-Purchase/Sale Consulting works for you, or if you have any questions regarding anything Amel, I offer a Free 1 Hour Consulting on any subject. Ask anything you may want to ask and get experienced answers. Text me at 1-832-380-4970 to set a time for your 1-hour phone call.
List of "Condition Categories" I use for Amels:
Excellent used Amel: This is an Amel that is in the top 10% of Amels its age. All equipment works and performs as new. The maintenance has been perfectly and meticulously performed. Failed OEM equipment has been replaced with OEM equipment or equivalents to OEM. There is not a single unidentified new wire added. There is no rust or oxidation. All painted and gel-coated surfaces have been maintained and, if necessary, repainted. None of the sails, standing rigging, and/or running rigging are beyond life expectancy and none need repair. The interior is without any blemish, and soft surfaces have probably replaced with new fabrics.
Above Average used Amel: This is an Amel that is in the top 20% of Amels its age. All equipment works and performs as new. Maintenance has been performed according to recommended schedules. Some failed OEM equipment has been replaced with less expensive products. Some additional wiring is not labeled. Minor rust and oxidation spots are visible. Not all painted and gel-coated surfaces have been maintained. A minor amount of the sails, standing rigging, and/or running rigging are beyond life expectancy and some need repair. The interior appears used but in good condition.
Average used Amel: All equipment works and performs as well. Maintenance has been performed when needed, but not always on schedule and not always according to specifications by all of the boat's owners. More often, failed OEM equipment has been replaced with lower quality products. In more than a few instances, the added wiring is not labeled. Some rust and oxidation spots are visible. Only some painted and gel-coated surfaces have been maintained. Some of the sails, standing rigging, and/or running rigging are beyond life expectancy and some need replacing. The interior shows the appropriate wear and age.
Below Average used Amel: Not all equipment works and performs as new. The following will apply to some or all of the boat owners. Maintenance has been neglected until something breaks or fails. Most failed OEM equipment has been replaced with less expensive products. Substantial additional wiring is not labeled. Major areas of rust and oxidation are visible. Painted and gel-coated surfaces have not been maintained. Most of the sails, standing rigging, and/or running rigging are beyond life expectancy and some need replacing. The interior upholstery needs replacing and some dents and scratches on hard surfaces. A below Average used Amel will require a refit of at least 25,000.
Poor Condition used Amel: A poor condition Amel requires a major refit that will cost at least 100,000.
Do not buy under any circumstances used Amel: This is an Amel that represents about 5% of Amels its age. This is an Amel that even if acquired for no cost, it will cost more to bring up to average condition than what an average condition Amel its age will cost to buy. In many cases, this Amel has been deemed a total loss by a qualified surveyor or insurance company.
Example of 1 photo out of 275 for an Amel 54 Pre-Purchase Review:
|Pre-Purchase Review of Amel 54 - Photo #37 of 275|
In fact, the gearbox had no grease and the gears were worn so much that they did not last another week. The cost of replacing the gearbox was $800 paid for by the seller.
The line for the outhaul was out of the Line Tender on top of the gearbox. Everyone noticed that. What nobody else noticed was that the line needed replacing. Cost $275.
Would you miss these?
All of these photos indicate serious issues, some costing thousands of dollars to repair. They are examples of what can be discovered in an Amel Owners Yacht School Pre-Purchase review. These are examples of the thousands of photos taken by my clients and reviewed by me. Click on any photo to enlarge.
You can view my QUALIFICATIONS & REFERENCES here.