Certified Preowned Amels: Available for SM2k, A54, A55, and A50 - I certify preowned Amels for Owners and Brokers. I am an experienced Amel Yacht Specialist and understand Amel yachts better than most surveyors. A Preowned Certification is perfect for all Amels, including the Super Maramu and newer Amels. It is ideal for those Amels in remote areas or where the Amel's value is not obvious.
REFFERAL: I am hired as a Buyer's consultant (Pre-Purchase Consulting) for about 50 Amel Buyers each year. If I have performed a Preowned Amel Certification for the Seller or the Broker, I will refer my Pre-Purchase Clients to you. There is no fee or commission for this referral.
My Review and Certification of Preowned Amel Yachts consists of two parts:
- A Certified Preowned Amel Report - informs the Buyer of the Condition and establishes the value. This is the "certification." For a sample of a Certified Preowned Amel Report (click here).
- A spreadsheet listing items that should be addressed. It is divided into the Owner's responsibility and the Buyer's responsibility. An example of the Buyer's responsibility is reprogramming an EPIRB & VHF with your information. For a sample of a Certified Preowned Amel Spreadsheet (click here).
The report will be certified to meet a certain category in the List of "Condition Categories" I use for Amels (below). The certification is perfect for Amels in very good condition, but it is also just as valuable for Amels that require a major refit because the certification report and spreadsheet give both the owner and seller a valid estimate of the costs involved. I also divide the involved costs into the Owner's and Buyer's responsibilities.
It is always best that the owner and broker carefully examine and correctly value the Amel before it is publicly listed for sale. It is normally better to correct most issues before the first showing. In most cases, the Owner, Broker, and Buyer should have a Certification of Condition available. The certification can save time and eliminate negotiation for the sake of negotiation.
In the past 3 years, I have consulted with Buyers on nearly 70% of all preowned Amels sold worldwide. I understand Amel Buyers better than anyone. The following are major Buyer objections when shopping for an Amel:
1. Uncertainty about what they want and what Amel offers
2. Unknown condition anxiety.
3. Difficulty understanding value.
Preowned Amel Certification establishes facts and certifies condition and value.
For Owners or Brokers, the process is simple:
- You take about 250-350 very specific photos and videos. I give you a list and examples of these. You will also answer some specific questions I give you about your chosen Amel. Your answers to my questions will be at least twice the information normally used in a listing for sale. More information usually equates to greater value. You also share copies of previous surveys, invoices for major maintenance expenses, copies of your registration, and Tax-paid status. Also, you may have some valuable additions on your Amel that you should submit because sometimes this requires a 3rd party explanation for the buyer to recognize the value.
- I will analyze all the information you send and the information I already have to create the Certified Preowned Amel report and documents. The sum of the information will allow a complete and transparent assessment of your Amel, assigning her a Condition Category (below).
- I will update the original Summary after any corrections you may make or have done.
|Certified Preowned Amels Price paid by the Owner or Broker:|
|Super Maramu 2000 or A54 - Review, Report, and 2 revisions *price increase soon||$699*|
|A50 or A55 - Review, Report, and 2 revisions||$899|
What about Taxes (VAT, Import, or Other): This is really important because there are all sorts of tax-avoidance schemes used in countries around the world, usually by the first owner who wants to avoid paying an additional 20% or more. In a nutshell, to protect yourself from VAT, Import, or Other Taxes, you must have a certified copy of the taxes paid to the country or state within a union of states (EU USA) where you intend to locate the vessel as a homeport, or possibly navigate to.
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and certainly do not know all the laws from all countries that may have a claim. You must seek professional help. I recommend several Documentation Agents below. My recommendation is mostly based on client reports, although I have very good experience with All Yacht Registries, Inc. As a possible alternative, provide the authorities within your homeport area with the actual Tax-Paid documents presented by the owner for Tax-Paid Status approval. Actual cases recently discovered: (click here).
Recommended People Important To You And Your Amel:
|Jean Paul "JP" BAHUAUD|
Caraibe Yachts / Caribbean Yachts
Guadalupe, St. Martin, & Martinique
+ 590 690 35 01 98
Caraibe Yachts / Caribbean Yachts Martinique
La Marina du Marin
97 290 Le Marin, Martinique, FWI
+596 596 74 16 70
MICHEL CHARPENTIER - ANCASTA
(Mob): +33 (0) 646 718 233
|Riza Cagdas Cakir|
Turkey, Europe, Worldwide
Channel R (Amel representative)
+90 532 495 65 39 +90 252 645 24 68
Yacht Club de Tahiti. BP 11457
Mahina, Tahiti, 98701
+689 87 32 88 45
Yacht Club de Tahiti, BP 11457
Mahina, Tahiti, 98701
+689 87 24 28 75
|Recommended Surveyor:||Recommended Surveyor:|
Olivier BEAUTE / ATLANTIC YACHT SURVEY - Europe, Worldwide
32 avenue des Corsaires
17000 LA ROCHELLE
T: +33 546 522 147 M:+33 674 028 243
|Pierre CORRIVEAUD / SAFETY FIRST|
- MARTINIQUE & Caribbean
Le Marin, Martinique
+(596) 696 21 32 15
Kelly Carver, A.C.M.S MARINE SURVEYOR, A.B.Y.C. TECHNICIAN, N.E.M.A CERTIFIED, N.S.B.L.A. CERTIFIED INVESTIGATOR
Of 1-954 766 8100
Cell 1-954 347 6099
213 SW 21st Street
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33315
|Recommended Amel Insurance Agent:|
Vessel Documentation Agents:
Europe, Holland, Poland, & Worldwide
|Recommended Customs Agent:|
Online Notary Public
Mob.: +596 696 45 89 75
Office: +596 5 96 52 14 28